Unit- 9 Democratic Decentralisation Model Questions
1. One mark questions.
1. Who is called as father of Local self government in India?
2. How many stages of administration exist in India?
3. Which state implemented Local self government at first in India?
4. Which constitutional amendment is related to Rural Local bodies?
5. Which constitutional amendment is related to Urban Local bodies?
6. Which Article of the Directive Principles of State Policy of Indian Constitution mentions about Grama Panchayat?
7. Expand C D P
8. When was Balawanth Ray Mehta Committee formed?
9. Expand N D C
10. Name the Prime Minister who inaugurated the Panchayat Raj system in Nagore of Rajastan.
11. To which Article, 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendments related?
12. When did 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendment come in to force?
13. To which part of the constitution does 74th constitutional Amendment relates?
14. What is the population limit of Gram Panchayat?
15. How many people represented by a member of Grama Panchayat?
16. How many Grama Panchayats are there in Karnataka?
17. Mention any one general functions of Grama Panchayat.
18. Write any one Standing Committees of Grama Panchayat.
19. Name any one standing committees of Grama Panchayat.
20. Mention any one financial sources of Grama Panchayat.
21. What is the term of President of Grama Panchayath?
22. Expand P.D.O.
23. What is the term of President of Taluk Panchayath?
24. How many people does a Taluk Panchayat member represent.
25. What is the tenure of members of Taluk Panchayat.
26. How many Taluk Panchayats are functioning in Karnataka?
27. Who is the administrative head of Taluk Panchayat?
28. Mention any one general functions of Taluk Panchayat.
29. Write any one optional functions of Taluk Panchayat.
30. Mention any one Standing Committees of Taluk Panchayat.
31. Write any of the financial sources of Taluk Panchayat.
32. What is the tenure of Zilla Panchayath?
33. What is the term of President of Zilla Panchayath?
34. Who is the Administrative Chief of Zilla Panchayath?
35. How many people does a Zilla Panchayat member represent.
36. How many Zilla Panchayats are functioning in Karnataka?
37. Mention any one of the general functions of the Zilla Panchayat.
38. Write any one of the optional functions of Zilla Panchayat.
39. Write any one of the standing committees of Zilla Panchayat.
40. Mention any one of the financial sources of Zilla Panchayat.
41. Expand C E O
42. Expand B.B.M.P.
43. What is the total elected members of BBMP ?
44. Mention one of the general functions of the corporations.
45. Write any one of the optional functions of the Corporation.
46. Mention any one of the compulsory functions of the corporation.
47. Write any one of the Standing Committees of the Corporation.
48. Mention any one of the financial sources of the Corporation.
49. What is the tenure of Mayor?
50. Who is the Administrative Chief of Corporations.
51. How many members nominated to Corporations.
52. How many Corporations are there in Karnataka?
53. Who is the administrative head of Town Municipality?
54. What is the tenure of Town Panchayat?
II. Two marks questions.
1. Name the three stage of administration in India.
2. What is Rural Local Self Government?
3. What is Urban Local Self Government?
4. Name the Rural Local Bodies?
5. Name the Urban Local Bodies?
6. Mention any two commissions relating to local self Government.
7. Mention Laski’s definition on Local Self Government.
8. What is the opinion of Lord Bryce on the importance of Local Government?
9. Name any two Local Self Government Commissions of Karnataka.
10. What is Democratic decentralization?
11. Name the three stages of Local self government according to Balwant Ray Mehta committee.
12. Where and when the Panchayath raj system came in to force?
13. What is the importance of 73rd and 74th constitutional amendments?
14. What is Local self government?
15. What is Grama Sabha?
16. Which are the three stages of Rural Local self government?
17. Who elect the President and Vice president of Gram Panchayath?
18. Who will cast the vote in the election of President and Vice president of Taluk Panchayath?
19. Write about the Executive Officer of Taluk Panchayat.
20. Write about Finance, Audit and Planning Committee of Taluk Panchayat.
21. What is the population of a Zilla Panchayat member represents in Uttara Kannada and Kodagu?
22. Who has the right to participate and casting vote in Zilla Panchayat meetings?
23. Write about the Education and Health Standing Committee of Zilla Panchayat.
24. Write about the Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Panchayat.
25. Who elect the President of Zilla Panchayath?
26. Name any two standing committees of Zilla Panchayath.
27. Name any two Corporations.
28. Who elect Mayor?
29. Write about the Commissioners of Corporation.
30. What is Town Panchayat?
31. Give any two examples of Town Panchayats in Karnataka.
III. Five marks questions.
1. Explain the meaning and importance of Democratic decentralization system.
2. Explain the 73rd constitutional amendment Act.
3. Explain the 74th constitutional amendment Act.
4. Explain the composition of Gram Panchayath.
5. Explain the composition of Taluk Panchayath.
6. Explain the Zilla composition of Zilla Panchayat.
7. Explain the standing committees of Grama Panchayath.
8. Explain the standing committees of Taluk Panchayat.
9. Explain the standing committees of Zilla Panchayat.
10. Explain the composition of Corporations.
11. Write the financial sources of corporations.
12. Explain the standing committees and financial sources of Municipalities.
IV. Ten marks questions.
1. Explain the development and importance of Local Self Government in India.
2. Explain the 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendments.
3. Explain the functions of Gram Panchayath.
4. Explain the functions of Taluk Panchayath.
5. Explain the functions and constitution of Zilla Panchayath in brief.
6. Explain the powers and functions of Mahanagara palika.
7. Explain the composition and functions of Municipalities.