Unit- 8 Judiciary Model Questions
I. One Mark Questions:
1. What is Judiciary?
2. Which is the third organ of the Government?
3. How many judges are there in the Supreme Court of India?
4. Mention the retirement age of judges of the Supreme Court of India.
5. What is the salary of Chief Justice of India?
6. What is the salary of other judges of Supreme Court of India?
7. When does the salary and economic privileges of judges in India are reduced?
8. Which is the court of records in India?
9. What is the meaning of integrated judicial system?
10. Who appoints the Chief Justice of India?
11. Who appoints the judges of High Courts?
12. Which is the apex court?
13. What is an appeal?
14. Who appoints the District Court Judge?
15. Which is the final court of appeal?
16. How many High Courts are there in India?
17. Who is the guardian of the constitution?
18. What is Lok Adalat?
19. Expand P I L.
20. What is meant by independence of the Judiciary?
21. When did the supreme court of India come into existence?
22. Who is the chief justice of Supreme Court of India?
23. Who is the chief justice of high court of Karnataka?
24. Mention the retirement age of judges of High Court.
25. Who administer the oath of office to High Court Judges?
26. What is the salary of Chief Justice of High Court?
27. What is the salary of other Judges of High Court?
28. In which country did PIL originate?
29. Where was family court first established?
30. When was family courts act enacted in India?
31. How many family courts are there in India?
32. How many family courts are there in Karnataka?
33. Expand C P C.
II. Two Marks Questions:
1. Mention George Washington’s definition regarding Judiciary.
2. Define Judiciary in the words of James Bryce.
3. Which are the two features of integrated judicial system in India?
4. What is judicial review?
5. Mention the qualifications required to become a district judge?
6. Write about the salary and benefits given to the Supreme Court judge.
7. Name subordinate courts.
8. What is Sessions Court?
9. What is Civil Court?
10. What is a Consumer Court?
11. What is Revenue Court?
12. What is Family Court?
13. Mention the qualifications required to become a judge of High Court.
14. What are the qualifications of the Supreme Court Judges?
15. What is contempt of court?
16. How is PIL filed?
17. What is Lok Adalat?
18. What is the advisory function of Supreme Court?
III. Five mark questions.
1. Write about the removal procedure of the Supreme Court judges?
2. Explain the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court?
3. Explain the appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court?
4. Mention the measures necessary to ensure the independence of the judiciary?
5. Write a note on LOK ADALAT.
6. What is a revenue court? Explain.
7. What is PIL? Explain its significance.
8. What is a family court? Explain its functions.
9. Write a note on the consumer court.
10. Explain the origin and development of Public Interest Litigation.
11. Name any ten issues on which PIL can be filed?
12. Explain the function of State High Court.
IV. Ten mark questions.
1. Explain the meaning and significance of the judiciary.
2. Describe the composition and powers of the supreme court of India.
3. How is independence of the judiciary ensured? Explain the measures.
4. Describe the composition and powers of the high court.
5. Explain the organisation and working of subordinate courts.