Unit- 6 Legislature Model Questions
I. One mark questions.
1. Which is the root word of Parliament?
2. State the primary function of the legislature.
3. What are the two Houses of the Indian Parliament?
4. Name the two Houses of the United Kingdom?
5. Who is an integral part of the Indian Parliament?
6. Who summons the Parliament session in India?
7. Who promulgate ordinance in India?
8. What is the maximum gap permissible between two sessions of Parliament?
9. Which Lists are followed by the Parliament to make laws?
10. Indian Parliamentary system is based on which country model?
11. Who presides over the joint sitting of the two Houses?
12. Which is popularly elected House of Indian Parliament?
13. Who presides over the proceedings of the Loksabha?
14. Who has got the power to dissolve the Lok sabha?
15. Which Article of the constitution provides provision to introduced finance bill in the Loksabha?
16. Which house can be dissolved in the parliament?
17. How many days the financial bill can be with held in the Rajya Sabha?
18. Which houses has power to create or abolish the All India Services?
19. Who elects the speaker of the Lok Sabha?
20. What is the strength of the Lok Sabha?
21. How many seats are reserved for the Union Territories in Lok Sabha?
22. How many nominated members are representing in the Lok Sabha?
23. What is the normal tenure of the Lok Sabha?
24. When can the term of the Loksabha be extended ?
25. Where is the Money Bill to be introduced?
26. How the members of Raja Sabha are elected?
27. What is the total strength of the Rajya Sabha?
28. How many members are nominated by the President to Rajya Sabha?
29. Who presides over the Rajya Sabha?
30. What is the tenure of the members of the Rajyasabha?
31. Which Union Territory does not have representation to the Rajya Sabha?
32. Who will nominate twelve members to the Rajya Sabha?
33. What is single transferable vote system?
34. What is the method of secrete ballot?
35. Which house is called as the permanent house?
36. How many members are elected to Rajya Sabha from Karnataka?
37. How many members are elected to Lok Sabha from Delhi ?
38. What is the age limit to contest for Lok Sabha election?
39. To whom the member of Lok Sabha submit their resignation?
40. When was the Rajya Sabha come in to force?
41. Who is the Ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha?
42. What is Decisive vote? (K )
43. How many months the general bill can be withheld by Rajyasabha?
44. How many members are nominated to Lok Sabha by the President?
45. How many members are elected to Lok Sabha from Karnataka?
46. Legislative Assembly of which state has the maximum strength?
47. What is the term of members of the legislative Assembly?
48. What is the term of members of the legislative Council? (S)
49. Which part of the constitution mentions about the State Legislative Assembly?
50. Which states have Legislative Council ?
51. What is bi-cameral legislature?
52. Name the lower house of state legislature. (S)
II. Two marks questions.
1. What is legislature?
2. What is bi-cameral legislature? Give example.
3. Name the two houses of England Parliament.
4. Name the two houses of Indian Parliament.
5. Mention the two eligibilities of the members of Rajya Sabha.
6. What is Impeachment?
7. Mention the two eligibilities of the members of Lok Sabha.
8. What is No confidential Motion?
9. What is first reading?
10. What is second reading?
11. What is third reading?
12. Name the two houses of the American Congress.
13. Which part of the constitution deals with the Indian Parliament?
14. Write two important functions of the speaker.
15. What are the functions of the Deputy speaker?
16. What is a quorum of the House?
17. Who can abolish or create the Legislative Councils of a state?
18. What are the electoral powers of the VidhanaSabha?
19. Right the qualifications of the Chairman of Rajaysabha?
III. Five Marks questions.
1. Write the meaning and significance of legislature.
2. Write a short note on the Indian Parliament.
3. Write briefly about the composition of the Lok Sabha.
4. Write the composition of the Rajya Sabha.
5. Explain powers and functions of the Lok Sabha.
6. Explain powers and functions of the Rajya Sabha.
7. Discuss the financial powers of both the Houses of Parliament.
8. Write a short note on the composition of the Vidhana Sabha.
9. Write a short note on the composition of the VidhanaParishad.
10. Discuss the powers and functions of the VidhanaSabha.
11. Discuss the powers and functions of the VidhanaParishad.
12. Explain the elections of the speaker and deputy speaker of the Lok Sabha.
13. Discuss the powers and functions of the speaker of the Lok Sabha.
14. Discuss the powers and functions of the ex-officio chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
15. What are the three readings of the law making process? Explain.
16. Write a brief note on the powers of the President in the approval of law.
IV. Ten Marks questions.
1. Discuss the composition, powers and functions of the Lok Sabha.
2. Discuss the composition, powers and functions of the Rajyasabha.
3. Describe the procedure of law making process.
4. Discuss the composition, powers and functions of the Vidhana Sabha.
5. Discuss the composition, powers and functions of the Vidhana Parishad.
6. Explain the role, powers and functions of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
7. Explain the role, powers and functions of the Speaker of the VidhanaSabha.